Monday, October 22, 2007

Arrowe at BAFTA


I could hardly sleep last night because I was so excited about the Be Very Afraid Exhibition at BAFTA in England, where people from around the world came to see work by students in ICT. I reached school at 4:30AM. I had video conference with the students from Stepping Stones, people from Zambia, Norway, and all over England. I took pictures of those I communicated with and made a collage that is posted above. I also e-mailed some to Mr. Jonathan Furness. I am enjoying every moment of this wonderful event. Moreover, I have my family, friends, teachers, and officers from the Ministry of Education to see me in action with this 21st century modern technology.

3 comments:

Jonathan Furness said...

Hello Arrowe,

Gosh... you must be very tired now. I could sense the excitement in your voice as you wrote about not being able to get any sleep (!) - I think that was the same for many of us here in the UK.

There was so much excitement amongst the many many visitors and presenters, I just hope the webcam and microphone managed to capture that somehow for you. As you know, lots people arrived at our "pod" to talk to you, many more gathered around our screens waiting to talk to you! You really were in demand.

Well done on producing the collage of images, we'd love to see more, just as soon as you've caught up on your sleep.

Well done again, and thanks.

zzzzzzZZZZZZ

Prof Stephen Heppell said...

Arrowe - I didn't sleep too well the night before either! It was pretty exciting at this end too and you were - with the rest of the school of course - a real star. The last camera crew to film there were from Egypt, so the school is wel and tuly on the world stage now.

Great collage of images - and thanks for that work. Now I think I'd better be off to bed - I have to fly to Sweden tomorrow early. No doubt we will find more fun things to do with you all, but I'm really glad you enjoyed today.

Zzzz from me too!

Lise said...

Hi Arrowe,
Thank you for sharing your amazing day, you are so full of enthusiasm for what you are learning which is wonderful! Seems like the world has opened up before your eyes... :-) I look forward to reading many more entries from your blog.
Lise